- OPPORTUNITY TO USE YOUR SKILLS WORKING WITH HORSES
- UNIQUE STATE OF THE ART HORSE BREEDING FARM AND FACILITIES
- GREAT BENEFITS FOR SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
Silverdale Farm is a unique private broodmare and spelling farm located in the beautiful region of Southern Highlands of NSW, southwest from Sydney near Bowral. Living and working in the Southern Highlands has many benefits such as excellent schools, top medical providers, supportive community and close to beaches and extensive shopping and entertainment facilities.
Silverdale currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Horse Person to join their expanding team. This is a great opportunity to join an amazing and enthusiastic team who have a great passion for the wellbeing of horses and in growing what will be Best Standard in the equine industry of horse breeding. Become a part of a growing and forward-thinking business.
Candidates must be motivated and have a “can do” attitude and be passionate about working with horses. Previous experience working on stud farms is a must.
- Preparation of yearlings and weanlings for horse sales
- Parading of horses for sale
- Assist farriers and veterinarians
- Handling, exercise and caring for horses of various ages
- Teaching yearlings to be groomed and accept basic gear
- Overseeing the daily care and supervision of horses, paddocks and stable work
- Keeping checks on horses general health, general treatment of injuries and IV injections
- Manage spelling of horses
- Feeding, grooming, mucking boxes, general farm cleaning and tidying
- Training and preparation of horses for major sales
- Overseeing of a small team of staff
- Able to work as part of an extended team as well as work autonomously.
- MUST have experience in areas of broodmare management, handling and yearling sales preparation.
- MUST have proven experience of similar operations, with health and safety management practices.
- Ability to effectively organize and supervise a small team.
- Farm management, pasture knowledge/experience an advantage (not essential).
- In return for your skills, expertise and commitment, you will be rewarded with a generous salary and commensurate with your qualification, experience and skills level.
- Accommodation to suit a family available for the successful candidate
- Relocation costs considered for successful applicant if from interstate.
- Incentives offered for further training and upskilling.
Please send resume with a brief cover letter to email@example.com.
Visit our website on www.silverdalefarm.com.au